Is your smile safe from oral accidents? Although there are many treatments out there for a variety of oral health abnormalities, it’s best to deal with any problematic situations before they even begin. However, in some cases, damage to your teeth and gums is done very quickly, so you must protect your mouth from any damage that could come your way.
Listed below are some threats that are often present in our everyday lives that you should avoid or exercise caution with:
– If you play any contact sports, make sure to use the appropriate safety gear to not only defend your mouth and jaw against damage but also your overall health as well.
– Unhealthy habits such as smoking and chewing tobacco greatly increase your risk for tooth discoloration, gum disease, and oral cancer.
– Many types of lip and mouth piercings are made of metal or a hard substance that can effortlessly crack or chip your teeth, or even break off and cause infections, gum damage, and become choking hazards.
– Some food and edibles may be dangerous to our teeth, resulting in cracks, fractures, split teeth, and chips, including corn on the cob, hard candy apples, oversized candy canes, and ice.
– Never open anything using your teeth, as this is an easy way to break your teeth or damage your gums.
No matter which oral health care treatment you desire, Dr. [doctor_name] and our team at [practice_name] will make sure that your teeth and gums are properly treated. To schedule an oral exam or professional cleaning at our dentist office in [city], [state], please contact us at [phone]. A healthy smile is a happy smile!