Are you aware of any tooth hazards in your life that you are not protected against? Several tooth hazard risks can arise at any moment, so it is important to consider all potential risks to your teeth and gums, which can include oral accidents and injuries that can arise from issues with your diet, you’re cleaning repertoire and your day-to-day life. Listed below are common tooth hazard risks to be mindful of:
- Chewing on ice is a known oral health risk because it can easily chip and crack your teeth.
- Consider the use of mouth guards to protect your teeth from various forms of oral accidents and injuries that can arise.
- Be aware that several forms of lip and tongue rings including tongue piercings can lead to serious failures in your oral health. Eliminate these tooth hazards from your life.
- Underlying conditions such as bruxism, also known as teeth grinding, can wear down your tooth enamel and pose significant tooth hazard risks.
- Hard products such as candy apples and cough drops pose significant tooth hazard risks, because they’re hard to bite into and can up causing dental damage when bitten into.
For more information about tooth hazards risks in your life, you can speak with Dr. Yelena Mullakandova and our team at Boutique Dental, P.C. by calling us at 718.821.0170. If you require a comprehensive oral exam or bi-annual professional cleaning, our dental office is located in Glendale, New York.